Saturday, November 13, 2010

Pepper and I finished the week with a nice 8 mile run on the Towpath.  It was a beautiful day for a run.  Here is our start and end point.


We ran north, downstream to mile 26 and then back.  Here is a short snippet.



The river in the fall.


I ran the first half slow.  I was struggling to get into the run.  The second half was better, even though it was uphill.  On the way back, I decided to focus on the pace Pepper was setting.  It was very consistent.  She would occasionally stretch it out a bit, and go into a full gallop.  But mostly, it was an easy trot. Focusing on her, I hardly noticed the miles.  My fastest mile was the last. 

4 comments:

  1. For me first part of the run is the most difficult one. Then I can just keep on going.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that stretch of the Towpath. Between Peninsula and Memorial Parkway is probably my most traveled stretch. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like a nice trail. Not sure if it has the hills to prepare you for Blue Ridge, though...

    ReplyDelete