Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Another Year Has Come, I Think I'll Run

Happy new year! My last post was about a year ago. When your work involves a lot of computer stuff, it's hard to find motivation to blog at nite.  As it happens, the past year has brought a few changes to my running life, again, so I thought I would relate a little of what's been going on.

Last year was a low point for my running.  I was working and didn't find enough time to run.  That will not happen this year! . . . enough of that . . .

2012: A summary:
I finished my first 50k - the Fools 50k in 7:57 or so.  I finished second to last and was humbled by the last place runner who finished 8 minuets behind me, but unlike me, running half barefoot and half in aqua-socks, she ran it all barefoot.

I DNF'ed the YUT-C again.  This time, it wasn't self doubt but my arthritic hip that brought me to my knees.

I lost my job.  Corporate life sucks.  Living up to other peoples expectations is bullshit!

Ran the GNYER 5k slower than ever before (30:17), but with the most effort. Chuckled at the comments - FROM THOSE WHO WERE BEHIND - "must have take a bet," and "there's always one guy running barefoot" - first guy was wrong, the second guy was right, and it's been me for the last 3 years. In 2009 I was scared and ran in Vibrams.  I put the afterburners on for the last tenth - it was great.

2013: A Summary:
Ran a slow 3.71 miles today - Pepper did a lot of sniffing :-)

Run, Run, Run.
Merry New Year.
Play it loud!!

No comments:

Post a Comment