Friday, May 28, 2010

Hot Tuna(p)

Tuneup
I needed a tuneup for my No Frills, Just Hills run tomorrow so Pepper and I ran a quick 2.5 miles.  This was my second run for the week and a hot one at that.  Total mileage for the month is low because it got busy on me all of a sudden.  No Frills is a 6 hour timed run on a 2 mile loop trail in the CVNP.  I'll check it out later today to see what I'm up against.  My personal goal is a pace of 15 min/mile.  That would make for 24 miles total if I can last that long.

Farm
I poked my foot yesterday while at the farm.  I stepped on a real pokey stick.  That and the toe dragging incident on my previous run will test my gentle running capabilities on the technical trails tomorrow.  While at the farm, I wrestled a 6.5 hp behemoth of a tiller for about two hours yesterday trying to get the wet clay looking like fertile soil.  I'll have to add more manure and compost.  We planted about 15 tomatoes and plan for the corn and potatoes today.  It's coming along.

1 comment:

  1. Good luck on the run tomorrow. How many laps are you going to run?

    ReplyDelete