Wednesday, January 13, 2010

New Year Running

My first run of the new year was yeasterday. A very nice 5.5mi run through city streets and the bike path from the CF fire station # 2 to Water Works Park.  From there, the bike path to Burst Park.  Snow covered sidewalks and path at 25 deg F in my vff's.  Pepper loves the snow (and so do I).














I had to take a week and a half since my last run due to a drinking injury (the disease of kings).  I wonder if any of the followers at Booze Hounds Inc suffer the same?  Glad to be back on the path.

Oh yeah, and my last run was a PR - 28:46 (297th) at the GNYER 5k.  Yes, by the way, I'm pretty slow.

1 comment:

  1. Nice, John! Sorry to hear about the "drinking injury", though.

    Have I mentioned this book to you before? Might be a fun read for you.
    The Courage To Start: A Guide To Running for Your Life
    ~ John "The Penguin" Bingham

    ReplyDelete