Sunday, January 31, 2010

Sunny Day

Another beautiful day in NE Ohio for a run - 25 deg F with a crisp note in the air and the sun shining bright.  Pepper and I did a 4.3 mi run down to Glen Trail and then City streets.  No shoes, you ask?  Yes I reply!, No shoes.  I mean really, if she can do it, why can't I?  She has somehow built up a tolerance for going shoeless.  It must be a societal thing - that we don't put dogs in shoes.  I however, have been told my entire life "PUT YOUR SHOES AND SOCKS ON.  WHAT, WERE YOU RAISED IN A BARN?"  Maybe I would be able to run at minus 5 as Pepper does if I were.  As it is, I conformed to societal wishes and now my barefoot limit is around 25.  I'm working on it though and should be able to run in the teens this year without the need for those stinkin', foot twistin', toe crampin', skin rubbin', shin splintin', knee knockin' shoes.  I have been using my vff's a lot lately, so it was great to get out of them today.

My next race is the Dirty Dog 10k Trail Run at Mosquito Lake in Courland, Ohio.  It should be fun, and I'll get to meet some of the members of the N.E. Ohio Trail Club (http://www.neotrail.org/) that I just joined.  They seem to put on a lot of FA's which are right in line with my nojobhavin' philosophy.  Looking forward!

'Sall fer now (cavs are playing in a bit)
Ltr
bfjo

1 comment:

  1. Hey Johnny O,
    Much respect for you braving the winter weather in your bare feet. You are the first one I have "seen", virtually or otherwise...

    ReplyDelete