Friday, April 30, 2010

Morning Run

Pepper and I went for a morning run.  Couldn't sleep last night (damn Broad Street train crossing) so I woke up early, did the dishes and went for a run.  I have been fortunate to have the luxury to run just about any time in the day (no job) so I usually plan a late morning or mid afternoon run.  That way, breakfast or lunch has settled.  There is a lot to do today, so I decided to take care of the run early.  I ran before breakfast and coffee and was surprised how solid I felt.  I didn't feel as if I were out of gas as I thought I might.  I did get hungry, however.  But it was a short run, so no worries.

We ran the Glens trail and then CF streets.  The first 2.1 miles were at a 12.2 min/mi pace - there was a steep stairway climbing out of the park back to city streets that I had to walk up.  And the trail was "technical" so that leads to slower times.  The second 2.16 miles were at a 10.0 min/mi pace - a negative split.  How about that!  The second part was a little fartlikish as well.  Overall pace was 11.1 min/mi.

So that was the last run of the month, but not of the week.  I plan to run in Cinci tomorrow.  It was a low mileage month as well.  I ran twice as far in February.  And no race this month.  Hmm.  I need to change that for next month.  I have a few in mind but haven't confirmed them yet.

That's all for now.  Happy Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment