Friday, March 11, 2011

Celebrate Snow

It came back today.  We got a couple of inches, the news said 5, but they exaggerate.  There was, at most, 2 on the trail today.  Pepper and I ran Glens and Gorge trails.  It was picturesque, though I didn't take any pictures.  The Gorge trail was partially closed due to a land slide on the upper trail.  When I passed it on the lower section, the amount of material that sloughed off was impressive.  The water in the lake behind the dam was high - only about a foot below cresting above the top.  The water impact on the energy dissipators at the bottom of the spillway was incredible.  The water was jumping up almost half the height of the dam.  I've never seen the energy that high (but I'm young.)  We ran a slow 7.2 today and the trail footing was slick at times.  The conditions were sloppy about a third of the tome, but not unmanageable.  I'm glad we did it.  I've been too long from these trails - some of my favorites.

No comments:

Post a Comment